Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Little Black Dress Challenge - Days 1-3

About a month ago I found the blog of a high school girl named Sheyanne, who decided to have her senior project revolve around fashion and helping girls in Africa. She decided to call it "Dress for Change".

"How many of you have ever said, “ Ugh, I have nothing to wear!” I sure am guilty of it. When reality is, most of us have a closet full of clothing but our lack of accessorizing and realization of our closet’s potential forces us to believe our closet is empty. While we are all coveting over the latest trends and designer collections, there are little girls in foreign countries who cannot afford a dress for school, forcing them to stay home and continue to stay uneducated."

So for her project she decided to encourage others around the country to wear the same black dress for a week and accessorize it differently in order to create 7 different outfits. She's also collecting donations from all of the participants in order for her to make simple dresses for an organization called Little Dresses for Africa. The dresses will really give the girls a sense of beauty and dignity and worth when they each have their own unique little dress. I just love the idea of that, and I love when high schoolers take initiative on important issues. So of course I had to sign up. This is not the first time that I did a week long challenge with this black dress. I did it last summer, and this time it's definitely easier to create different outfits everyday when the temperatures are cooler and layers can be worn. And now I have fun Noonday accessories to make each outfit awesome.
The dress that I'm wearing is a basic t-shirt dress from H&M.

Here are my outfits for the past 3 days.

DAY 1:
Accessories: Ruth Necklace, Trio of Bangles, Tessa Bracelet, Chevron Dangle Earrings

DAY 2:


DAY 3:

No comments:

Post a Comment