Sunday, December 29, 2013

Dressember

So, I'm a bad blogger, but that's not much of a surprise, now is it. For the entire month of December, I have been taking part in a challenge called Dressember (and I'm just now getting around to blogging about it) in order to raise awareness and funds for International Justice Mission.

"International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that brings rescue to victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression."

To raise funds, I have a campaign page, which has already exceeded my goal by $200! One day I checked in the morning and had not had any donations yet, and by the next day, I had $440 that was raised to go directly to IJM! Collectively, amongst all of the other participants, we've raised over $115,000! I can't wait to see what a difference these funds make in the projects that IJM is able to complete. It's been a month of testing creativity, and fighting urges to cheat and wear pants (I only gave in one day. I'd say that's a success). It's also been really cold, so thank you to whoever invented fleece lined leggings. 

There are only 3 more days left in December, but the campaign pages will stay live until January 3rd, so you'll have till then to donate. I would LOVE to be back to be able to have raised $600 by the end of campaign in just 6 days. So if you feel led to give, just click on this link (all donations are tax deductible). 

Below are just a few of my outfits from this month and a video describing how Dressember cam to be. If you want to see more of my outfit photos, just follow along on my Instagram: http://instagram.com/laurajanetakesphotos and you can see the other participants by searching the hashtag #dressember on Instagram. 

"Dressember is a month of dresses! Thousands of dresses are adorned around the globe during the month of December each year. Through Dressember, vital funds are raised for International Justice Mission, a human rights organization that works to combat human trafficking and end sexual slavery."
 
DRESSEMBER from Two Spoons Productions on Vimeo.








1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I learned so much about myself and the feminine spirit I enjoy. http://mydeartrash.blogspot.com/2014/01/ideas-to-help-me-on-my-continued-weight.html

    ReplyDelete